Saturday, July 19, 2008

high tops

Sitting in a comfortable chair in the waiting area at the Volkswagen dealership, drinking free Diet Pepsi and eating free popcorn after a delightful chat with the service guy. He was wearing high top leather sneakers that squeaked when he walked and he greased the squeaky driver’s side door while telling me about similar cars that had more than 250K miles on them (good news! ours only has 234K). He was a delight, and then I walked into the customer service area, where a bunch of suits were watching golf on the tv and glancing at my every move to see if I was someone they could gank out of some money. And I started thinking that you have to do that sort of thing, watch golf and be a predator, if you want to replace the high tops with the fancy suit, and I guess I just prefer the high tops.

No comments: